Faria Coastal Ranch
In 1905, Manuel de Terra Faria, gazed upon the Channel Islands for the first time and was reminded of the beaches of his birthplace, the Azores Islands, off the coast of Portugal. His dream to own that property was realized in 1908 when he purchased the first parcel that would become the Faria Ranch.
This is a rare opportunity, indeed, to acquire not only an incredible ranch but an important place in the history of California. The expansive panoramic mountain, ocean, island and coastline views are extraordinary on this one-of-a-kind coastal property.
The Faria Beach area of Ventura is a well-known and sought-after area to live and vacation in. Through the Faria Family’s spirit of generosity, they donated 3 acres of valuable beachfront property to the County in 1917 to create the park that is still enjoyed by locals and visitors to this day.
The Ranch is currently comprised of approximately 272 acres that includes16.77 acres south of the freeway that is parallel to the coastline and used primarily as a nursery and the location of four cell sites placed there by major carriers. The benefits of this property include income from farming the citrus, the cell towers and the inventory in the Rincon Nursery which is vast. The Ranch is currently zoned AE-40 and COS-10AC-S and is taxed under the Williamson Act.
The Ranch includes a modest farm house built in the 1870’s from lumber that was hauled through the surf on horse-drawn wagons and placed upon a flat rock foundation that were taken from the beach. In addition to the farm house is the ranch’s renovated office building, numerous storage and maintenance buildings, a barn and work shop.
Manuel Faria passed away in 1949 with the dream he created known as the Faria Ranch living on. It can be yours to carry on the legacy and take his dream beyond what it is today.
*272 total acres
*256 acres on the North Side of the Freeway
*16 acres on the South Side of the Freeway
* Total are approximate. Buyers to verify.
The North Side includes approximately 4 acres for the ranch house and office/maintenance buildings with service roads and orchards.
The South Side contains the four cell sites, maintenance storage and yard and the commercial nursery.